The Creatives Celebration Entry Instructions
Entry Form: Link
Entry Deadline: Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time
Fee: Free for current CreaTV San Jose members!
Prize: Winners receive recognition and valuable prizes!
The Creatives Celebration showcases the people and programs of CreaTV San Jose! Media makers of all ages are invited to submit videos in one of four categories:
Open to one episode of a regularly scheduled, ongoing TV series that has aired or can be aired on one or more of CreaTV San Jose’s channels.
Open to short videos, less than 24 minutes in length, that have aired or can be aired on one or more of CreaTV San Jose’s channels. Genres include but are not limited to web series, public service announcements, mini-documentaries, live action narratives, animations, and music videos.
Open to videos produced, filmed, and edited by youths under 24 years old that have aired or can be aired on one or more of CreaTV San Jose’s channels. All genres and lengths are welcome.
Open to a TV special, 24 minutes or more in length, that has aired or can be aired on one or more of CreaTV San Jose’s channels. Genres include but are not limited to animations, conferences, community events, corporate social responsibility videos featuring non-profits, documentaries, educational, forums, keynote addresses, live action narratives, non-commercial videos produced by businesses, training and educational videos, symposiums, and web series.
- Open to Santa Clara County Residents with a current CreaTV San Jose membership. Those without a current membership may register or renew at www.creatvsj.org, or by calling 408-295-8815, or in person at CreaTV San Jose at 255 W. Julian St. Ste. 100.
- Entries must have consent to be aired on one or more of CreaTV San Jose’s channels.
- Entries must be submitted through www.dropbox.com for judging. Submissions on DVDs or external hard drives will not be accepted. Instructions on how to create a Dropbox account and submit your entry will be included in a confirmation e-mail after completing the online Entry Form.
Entries must include
- Completed online entry form entered in one of the four categories.
- Dropbox Video Upload Settings:
1. Codec – H.264
2. Resolution/video size 1920×1080
3. Audio sample rate 48 kHz
4. Frame rate – 29.97
5. Extension – .mov or .mp4
Optional: Entrants may also upload a trailer up to 60 seconds featuring entry’s highlights. Trailers must be a separate file. Trailers maybe used to by CreaTV San Jose for promotion of the event.
Independent panels of judges, which include local media professionals, evaluate videos in each category. Judging panels do not include CreaTV San Jose’s staff or board members. The panels consider both video content and results generated (awards, media coverage, accepted to a film festival, etc.). More consideration will be given to entries produced locally.
Finalists will be announced on Monday, September 16th, 2019.
Winners will be announced on Thursday, October 17th, 2019.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or call us at (408) 295-8815.
Dan produces Phobophobia for Community Channel 15, which airs Saturdays at Midnight