Deadline Extended to: March 7, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
Entry is FREE! Winners receive $1,000 cash prize!
After a one-year hiatus, The Creatives, celebrating the people and programs of CreaTV San Jose, is back and better than ever.
Media makers of all ages are invited to enter The Creatives competition from January 15 through March 7, 2018 in one of five categories. The five categories are (click here for category descriptions):
- Creative Series
- Creative Special
- Creative Short
- Creative Student – Elementary and Middle School
- Creative Student – High School
Eligibility for The Creatives competition:
- Entries must have aired on CreaTV San Jose’s channels from January 1, 2016 through March 7, 2018. If your entry has not yet aired, the Entry Form will require you to give us consent to air. Please note that consent to air is sufficient to meet competition eligibility.
- Entrants, who are not residents of San Jose, must find a San Jose resident sponsor. The resident sponsor’s name, mailing address, phone number and email address are required in the “San Jose Resident Sponsor” section of the Entry Form. Please note that entries produced locally will be given more consideration by the judges.
- All entries must be submitted for judging through Dropbox. Please note that we will not accept entries on DVD or on any type of external drive. If you don’t already have one, please set up a Dropbox account before filling out the entry form. You will be asked to enter your Dropbox email address in Video Information section of the form.
Entries produced locally, or focus on a subject matter of local interest, will be given more consideration by the judges.
All entries must include the following:
- Completed online entry form entered in one of five categories. Entry is free. Unsure of which category to enter? Please refer to award category descriptions here.
- The mandatory settings for videos uploaded to Dropbox are:
- Codec – H.264
- Resolution/video size 1920×1080
- Audio sample rate 48 kHz
- Frame rate – 29.97
- Extension – .MOV
Finalists announced on March 23, 2018. Winners announced on April 26, 2018 at Forager in downtown San Jose.
Tickets are now on sale for The Creatives April 26 event at https://creatives-tickets.eventbrite.com/.
Calvin Cook, Jr.
Calvin produces When the Gospel is Preached for Community Channel 15, which airs Wednesdays at 6:00pm.