San Jose residents, businesses, organizations and schools can use our resources to produce non-commercial videos for cablecast on San Jose’s public and education channels and CreaTV San Jose’s web channels. Airtime is free. Just follow these steps:
1. Attend free Orientation class. Call 408.295-8815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
2. Become a Member. Join at CreaTVsj.org, in person at 255 W. Julian Street, Suite 100, San Jose or call (408) 295-8815.
3. Schedule time to discuss your ideas and needs with our Community Media Team!
4. Submit a Project Proposal to the Production Department for approval.
5. Take classes that correspond to the equipment you would like to use to produce your video. If you already have experience in these areas, you may request to “test out” of the class.
6. Once your Project Proposal is approved, and you’ve been certified on the production equipment, it’s time to produce your video!
7. Reserve equipment and/or facilities for your show at low D-I-Y rates.
8. Once completed, submit your video with Playback Request & Compliance form to the Program Manager. For series producers, be sure to attend our Time Slot Lottery for a regular airtime.
Classes you will need to take at CreaTV San Jose
|TO USE . . .||TAKE ORIENTATION AND . . .|
|Portable Field Camera Kits||Beginning Video Production|
|Studios for a D-I-Y show||Producers Workshop
|Studio A||Studio Crew Basics|
|Studio B||Studio B Production & Practice|
|Editing Suites & Portable Editing Kits||Beginning Video Production
Do you need Custom Training?
CreaTV provides one-on-one and small group instruction in field production, editing, studio, control and flypack for those who can’t make our regularly scheduled classes. CreaTV will tailor the classes that you need to take to produce your D-I-Y show to your needs and schedule. For more information, contact the Community Media Team at (408) 295-8815 or email@example.com.
Once training is complete, and members have demonstrated sufficient skill in operating gear independently, they become “certified” to use production facilities and equipment. Once certified, members can rent equipment, schedule D-I-Y studio time with a certified volunteer crew and/or assist with studio or field productions.
Dan produces Phobophobia for Community Channel 15, which airs Saturdays at Midnight