CreaTV San Jose, a 501 (C)(3) nonprofit community media center, fulfills its mission, to inspire, educate and connect San Jose communities, using media to foster civic engagement, by providing the training, tools and platforms that allow diverse, and often underserved, communities to tell their stories and express their views through digital media.
CreaTV manages the public and education channels for the City of San Jose: Community 15, Bay Voice 27, Classrooms 28, and Silicon Valley 30. Programming for CH 15, 28 and 30 is viewable on Comcast Cable in San Jose and Campbell. Programming for Bay Voice 27 is viewable on Comcast Cable in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. Programming for all four channels is also available via live stream and video on demand at www.creatvsj.org.
Under the supervision of the Programming Department, Interns work in a variety of capacities supporting our cable and online content including our community Bulletin Board, managing various types of media, creating content promoting CreaTV and bolstering the variety of programming airing on the channels we manage.
Typical Duties (may include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Creating graphics and videos to be feature on the CreaTV community Bulletin Board that airs on our cable TV channels.
- Outreach to educational institutions and non-profits to create content for our Bulletin Board.
- Contacting local media makers about airing their content on CreaTV.
- Researching the Internet to find videos to air on the channels we manage that are produced locally with high production values, or from San Jose educational institutions or of interest of the residents.
- Assist in handling different media formats and compressing and/or checking media to ensure the video files can play in our playback system. Ensuring media is archived and uploaded in various platforms.
- Monitoring the live stream of our channels on our website.
- Creating media and motion graphics about CreaTV including station ID’s, class schedules and programming updates.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proper English grammar and spelling
- Knowledge of Graphic Design
- Beginning knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Beginning knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Beginning knowledge of non-linear editing
- Basic Mac operating skills
- Work in a cooperative group environment
- Convey a warm and professional public manner
- Work a set number of hours agreed upon before entering program
- Must be currently enrolled in a community college or university
- Must be receiving credit for work done at CreaTV San Jose
Training and Compensation
This is an unpaid internship. However, Programming Interns will receive free media training, gain valuable “real world” media experience and a one-year CreaTV San Jose membership.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CreaTV San Jose is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Tax ID #26-2041299