2014 CreaTiVe Awards
CALLING ALL VIDEOMAKERS!
CreaTV is proud to announce the 2014 CreaTiVe Awards “Call for Entries.”
Videomakers of all ages from the nine Bay Area counties and Santa Cruz county are invited to submit videos for competition in one of more of ten categories from September 1 – November 15, 2014.
Click on this link for the ENTRY FORM
Categories include Bay Area Community Access TV Series, Business, Citizen Journalist, CreaTiVe Excellence (Producer, Director, Cinematographer, Editor), CreaTV San Jose TV Series, Educator, Filmmaker, Non-Profit, Student and The Studio (open to teens participating in the Adobe Youth Voices “The Studio” program).
Click on this link for AWARD CATEGORIES AND DESCRIPTIONS
Entry fee is $30 per entry, per category. Finalists will be announced December 8, 2014. Winners will be announced at the red carpet gala at the California Theatre in downtown San Jose on January 10, 2015.
Deadline to Enter: November 15, 2014
In order to enter The CreaTiVe Awards competition:
- Submitter must live or work in one of the nine Bay Area counties (Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Solano, Sonoma) or in Santa Cruz County
- Submitter may enter if the video was shot entirely on location in, or has a subject matter that is pertinent to, the Bay Area region.
- Submitter must have completed the video(s) they are entering from October 2012 through November 2014.
- Submitter must be aware that videos entered for competition may be aired on CreaTV San Jose’s public access channels.
New for 2014!
- All videos must be submitted to Dropbox.com. Please note that we will not accept videos on DVD or on any type of external drive. Instructions on how to set up a Dropbox.com account, how to submit your video and the recommended file format will be included in your confirmation email.
- In addition to uploading your full video to Dropbox.com, we are also requiring that you upload a 10-second finalist clip at the same time. Please select clips that best represent your video to the audience, in the eventually that you are selected.
All entries must include the following:
- Completed online entry form and payment of $30 per entry, per category. Videos may be entered in more than one category on the same entry form.
- The online entry form includes an area where the submitter may describe any results generated by the video (i.e. press coverage, awards received, acceptance to a film festival, letters, etc.). Judges will consider both the video content and the results
The preferred settings for the uploaded video are:
Codec — H.264
Resolution — 1920×1080(HD) or 720×480 (SD)
Audio — 48kHz, 16-bit audio
Frame rate — 29.97
Extension — .mov
Questions? Problems? Need Info or Tips?
Contact Pam Kelly at (408) 295-8815 ext. 307 or email@example.com.
Viviana produces Health Trust TV and Latino Focus for CreaTV. Health Trust TV airs every Wednesday at 7:00pm and Latino Focus airs every Thursday at 7:00pm on Silicon Valley Channel 30.