San Jose residents, businesses, non-profit organizations and schools can take advantage of the low-cost video production facilities, equipment and media training available at our community media center in downtown San Jose.
We provide all the necessary resources to produce a non-commercial video for broadcast on San Jose’s public and education cable channels and CreaTV San Jose’s web channels. Airtime is free.
Because you, the producer, own the rights to your video content, you can use it for marketing on other Web, mobile and broadcast channels.
1. Attend the free Orientation class. Call 408.295-8815 to sign up.
2. Become a Member. Sign up at CreaTVsj.org, in person at 255 W. Julian Street, Suite 100, San Jose or by phone at 408.295.8815.
3. Take the Producing @ CreaTV class.
4. Submit a Project Proposal to the Production Department for approval.
5. Take classes that correspond to the equipment you would like to use to produce your D-I-Y video (see schedule below). If you already have experience in these areas, you may request to “test out” of the class.
6. Once your Project Proposal is approved, and you’ve been certified on the production equipment you want to use, you may begin producing your video.
7. Reserve equipment and/or facilities for your show at low D-I-Y rates. Click on this link for the D-I-Y Rate Sheet.
8. Once completed, submit your video with Compliance and Playback Request forms to the Program Manager. For series producers, be sure to attend our Time Slot Lottery for a regular airtime.
Classes you will need to take at CreaTV San Jose
|TO USE . . .||TAKE ORIENTATION AND . . .|
|Portable Field Camera Kits||Field Production|
|Studios for a D-I-Y show||Producing Workshops|
|Studio A||TV Studio and/or Control Room|
|Studio B||TV Studio and Control Room|
|Editing Suites & Portable Editing Kits||Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro|
Do you need Custom Training?
CreaTV provides one-on-one and small group instruction in field production, editing, studio, control and flypack for those who can’t make our regularly scheduled classes. CreaTV will tailor the classes that you need to take to produce your D-I-Y show to your needs and schedule. For more information, contact the Volunteer and Training Department at (408) 295-8815 ext. 321.
Once training is complete, and members have demonstrated sufficient skill in operating gear independently, they become “certified” to use production facilities and equipment. Once certified, members can rent equipment, schedule D-I-Y studio time with a certified volunteer crew and/or assist with studio or field productions.
Click on this link to view the D-I-Y Rental Rate Sheet.
Viviana produces Latino Focus and Valley Politics for CreaTV's Silicon Valley Channel 30. Latino Focus airs Thursdays at 7:00pm and Valley Politics Wednesdays at 8:00pm.