Community Media Internships/Volunteer Opportunities
A one-year membership to CreaTV San Jose is given to to those who successfully complete the program.
CreaTV is San Jose’s Community Media Center whose mission is to inspire, educate and connect San Jose communities, using media to foster civic engagement. CreaTV is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation that manages the public and education access operations in the City of San Jose. Public and Educational access channels are cablecast on Comcast in San Jose. CreaTV San Jose invites broadcasting, digital media and communications student to apply for internships at our media center.
Under the supervision of CreaTV staff, Interns work in a variety of capacities in support of the production crew, operations, programming, training and marketing departments.
Typical Duties (may include, but are not limited to, the following)
* Assist on a variety of field and studio productions
* Assist in creating promotional materials and media to assist in outreach and promotion
* Work on group projects with other Interns/Volunteers
* Assist community members with technical troubleshooting and checking in/out of media production gear
* Support the organization’s day to day activities, such as answering phone calls, assisting the public, reserving equipment and facilities and other community member functions.
* May be assigned day/night and/or weekend responsibilities
* Other duties as assigned
* Must reside in or attend school in San Jose, CA
* Must be able to climb ladders and able to lift up-to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to operate camera and monitor audio during production and coordination to operate small push buttons and switches
* Available some evenings and weekends
* Strong comfort level with technology and media
* Successfully work in a cooperative group environment
* Convey a warm and professional public manner
* For intern credit, must be currently enrolled in a community college or university and must be receiving credit for work done at CreaTV San Jose
* For volunteers, opportunities will be designed based on hours available.
Training and Compensation
This is an unpaid opportunity. However, participants will receive free media training, gain valuable “real world” media experience and a one-year CreaTV San Jose membership in return.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CreaTV San Jose is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Tax ID #26-2041299
Kamla produces The Kamla Show for Community Channel 15, which airs Sundays at 5:30pm.