San Jose Community Media Access Corporation (aka “CreaTV San Jose”) is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation that manages the public and education access operations in the City of San Jose. Public and Educational access channels are cablecast on Comcast in San Jose. CreaTV San Jose invites broadcasting, digital media and communications student to apply for internships at our media center.
Under the supervision of the Volunteer & Training Coordinator, Interns work in a variety of capacities in support of the crew, operations, programming and marketing departments.
(may include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Direct, produce, edit, shoot, light, and perform audio for CreaTV San Jose field productions
- Fill any of the following positions in a TV studio setting: director, technical director, camera operation, floor managing, lighting, audio engineer, CG operator, videotape operator
- Set up and breakdown sets, field equipment, portable studio kits
- May be assigned night and weekend shifts
- Other duties as assigned
- Proper English grammar and spelling
- Must be able to climb ladders and able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Sufficient eyesight and hearing to operate camera and monitor audio during production and coordination to operate small push buttons and switches
- Available some evenings and weekends
- Beginning knowledge of non-linear editing
- Beginning knowledge of camera operation
- Work in a cooperative group environment
- Convey a warm and professional public manner
- Work a set amount of hours agreed upon before entering program
- Must be currently enrolled in a community college or university
- Must be receiving credit for work done at CreaTV San Jose
Training and Compensation
This is an unpaid internship. However, Production Interns will receive valuable hands-on studio training in camera operation, floor managing, technical directing, lighting, audio board and field camera. A one-year membership to CreaTV San Jose is given to all who successfully complete the program.
Please send cover letter, resume and demo reel (links or DVD) to alejandra.moreno(at)creatvsj.org.
Heather produces SVTAGS for Silicon Valley Channel 30, which airs Sundays at 5:00pm, Mondays at 7:00pm and Wednesdays at 10:00pm.