CreaTV San Jose, a 501 (C)(3) nonprofit community media center, fulfills its mission, to inspire, educate and connect San Jose communities, using media to foster civic engagement, by providing the training, tools and platforms that allow diverse, and often underserved, communities to tell their stories and express their views through digital media.
CreaTV manages the public and education channels for the City of San Jose: Community 15, Bay Voice 27, Classrooms 28, and Silicon Valley 30. Programming for CH 15, 28 and 30 is viewable on Comcast Cable in San Jose and Campbell. Programming for Bay Voice 27 is viewable on Comcast Cable in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. Programming for all four channels is also available via live stream and video on demand at www.creatvsj.org.
Marketing Interns assist the Membership and Marketing Director on a variety of projects including, but not limited to, membership development, social media management, community outreach and event/trade show coordination.
Ideal candidate is majoring in marketing, public relations, advertising, broadcasting or communications. Marketing interns are required to work 20 hours per week for a total of 240 hours for the semester, or 150 hours for the quarter.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Intermediate computer skills including MAC OS, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the Internet (Google searches, social networking sites, etc)
- Knowledge of Adobe applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Acrobat) a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of iMovie a plus, but not required
- Experienced in Social Networking sites i.e.: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Must be currently enrolled in a community college or university
- Must be receiving credit for work done at CreaTV San Jose
- Assist Membership and Marketing Director with various promotions, community outreach, and event planning
- Attend various networking functions and tradeshows
- Take photos and film b-roll for use in short, promotional videos
- Social Networking site management
- One year CreaTV San Jose Membership with free access to training classes, facilities, and rental gear (certification required), while an intern.
- Can accommodate internship hours to fit class or work schedules
- $500 stipend paid at completion
Please send resume and cover letter to PamKelly, Membership and Marketing Director at email@example.com.
CreaTV San Jose is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Tax ID #26-2041299
Calvin Cook, Jr.
Calvin produces When the Gospel is Preached for Community Channel 15, which airs Wednesdays at 6:00pm.