Marketing Internships at CreaTV San Jose
Hours: Minimum 20 hours per week — Total 240 hours
Perks: $500 tuition stipend; one year CreaTV membership; free classes
Start date: Flexible
Contact: Pam Kelly, Membership Marketing Director
(408) 295-8815 ext. 307 / email: pam(at)creaTVsj.org
CreaTV San Jose offers marketing internships for fall, winter, spring and summer. Marketing interns assist the Membership and Marketing Director on a variety of projects including, but not limited to, membership development, social media management, community outreach and event/trade show coordination. Ideal candidate is majoring in marketing, public relations, advertising, broadcasting or communications.
About CreaTV San Jose:
CreaTV San Jose is a member-based, non-profit organization contracted by the City of San Jose to manage its public TV station and community media center.
Currently, CreaTV San Jose manages Community Channel 15, Bay Voice Channel 27, Classrooms Channel 28 (pre-K through 12) and Silicon Valley Channel 30.
The best way to describe CreaTV San Jose is TV “by the community for the community.” Our TV and Internet channels air non-commercial, member-produced videos that educate, express views and expose talents to the San Jose community and beyond. Currently, CreaTV San Jose’s Community Channel 15 has 130 member producers with shows in eight different languages — more than any other public TV center in California.
CreaTV San Jose’s channels are viewed by the 150,000 Comcast Cable households in San Jose and Campbell and via LIVE STREAM and video on-demand at www.creatvsj.org.
CreaTV San Jose also provides production equipment and classes in video production, directing, editing, lighting, etc. – everything one needs to create a non-commercial TV show, PSA, short video, special or documentary to air on CreaTV San Jose channels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Intermediate computer skills including MAC OS, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the Internet (Google searches, social networking sites, etc)
- Knowledge of Adobe applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) a plus but not required
- Knowledge of iMovie and/or Final Cut Pro a plus, but not required
- Experienced in Social Networking sites i.e.: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Assist Marketing Director with various promotions, community outreach, and event planning
- Attend various networking functions and tradeshows
- Maintain PR archives
- Social Networking site management
- Meet Silicon Valley mover and shakers, journalists, elected officials, etc.
- Partake in internal meetings and creative brainstorming sessions
- One year CreaTV San Jose Membership with free access to training classes, facilities, and rental gear (certification required), while an intern.
- Can accommodate internship hours to fit class or work schedules
- $500 stipend paid at completion
Trisha produces The Trisha Garrett Show for Community Channel 15, which airs Sundays at 3:00pm.