CreaTV is San Jose’s Community Media Center whose mission is to inspire, educate and connect San Jose communities, using media to foster civic engagement. CreaTV is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation that manages the public and education access operations in the City of San Jose. Public and Educational access channels are cablecast on Comcast in San Jose. CreaTV San Jose invites broadcasting, digital media and communications student to apply for internships at our media center.
Marketing Interns assist the Marketing and Design Coordinator on a variety of projects including, but not limited to, membership development, social media management, community outreach, event implementation, and external communications.
Ideal candidate is majoring in marketing, public relations, advertising, broadcasting or communications. Marketing interns are required to work at least 15 hours per week.
* Assist in coordinating social media and website management.
* Take photos and film b-roll for use in short, promotional videos.
* Organize and attend outreach events and opportunities.
* Support the organization’s day to day activities, such as answering phone calls, assisting the public, reserving equipment and facilities and other community member functions.
* May be assigned day/night and/or weekend responsibilities
* Other duties as assigned
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Intermediate computer skills including MAC OS, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) and the Internet (Google searches, social networking sites, etc)
* Knowledge of Adobe applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro,
Acrobat) a plus, but not required
* Experienced in Social Networking sites i.e.: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, LinkedIn,
* Available some evenings and weekends
* Strong comfort level with technology and media
* Successfully work in a cooperative group environment
* Convey a warm and professional public manner
* Must be currently enrolled in a community college or university
CreaTV San Jose is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Tax ID #26-2041299